Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
About Career Paths Program
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants (Career Paths/CPSI) program is an employment and skills upgrading program for internationally trained skilled immigrants. The program assists permanent residents and refugees to find employment that fully utilizes their pre-arrival skills, experience, and education by providing customized action plans, Canadian work experience and networking opportunities, improving English proficiency and providing supports to navigate the process and financial cost of certification in British Columbia.
PICS Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program provides customized services for up to 24 months for newcomers to BC who have work experience in Corporate / Retail & Wholesale / Hospitality / Insurance, Real Estate & Financial Brokerage sector to obtain a management level of employment in their specialized occupation.
- Action planning for Goal Employment
- Occupational Specific Language Training (OSLT) Assessment, and Training
- Foreign Credential Evaluation, if needed
- Financial support for Skills Enhancement Services (e.g. technical skills and academic upgrading, exam preparation, professional membership and recognition)
- Networking with professionals, employers and regulators
- Job search assistance
Immigration Status + Current resident of BC
- A Permanent Resident of Canada, no more than ten (10) years
- A person who is awaiting PR Status, per confirmation letter from IRCC
- Convention refugee and protected person outside Canada who have been selected for resettlement in Canada by IRCC.
- Minimum CLB 6 (Intermediate to Advanced English)
- Underemployed or unemployed
- One (1) year of relevant prearrival experience