Intercultural Motivating Change Through Peer Employment Program
About I M Change Program
The I M Change program is a flexibly designed project intended to provide skills training to people at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness, who are unemployed or precariously employed, targeting the community needs for peer employment. I M Change strives to support people at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness, who are unemployed or precariously employed, by providing group-based employability skills training, computer skills training, and job placement.
- 5 Weeks of group-based Employable Skills training and Computer Skills training
- 30 hours per week paid in-class training plus lunch and other supports.
- The program covers strength-based asset and positive mental health training, motivational and special guest speakers, cover letter, resume and interviewing skills, computer skills training.
- Food Safe Certificate
- Super Host
- First Aid Certification
- 5 Weeks of Work placement: Participants are placed in paid jobs in the community that are aligned with their skills and interests.
Immigration Status + Current resident of BC
- Canadian Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Refugee with Court Notice of Decision
- Precariously employed
- At risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness
- Street entrenched or prior criminal involvement
- Mental health challenges
- Lack of social network and connections
- Low income/low self-esteem/low confidence
*1 item from each category must be met to be eligible