Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loans Program
About FCR Program
FCR Program is funded by the Government of Canada and helps Internationally Trained Professionals to get back into their professional field or alternative related career field.
The program also offers multiple loan amounts up to $30,000 depending on the process, to cover the cost of credentialing along with a flexible repayment schedule. Also provide career guidance such as job readiness workshops, resume building, wraparound services, and employment coaching.
Foreign Credential Recognition is a process adapted to verify that the education and work experience obtained in another country is equivalent to the standards established for the Canadian work force. The duration to get the foreign credentials recognized may vary from profession to profession.
How FCR Works
- The loan can be used for credential evaluation, training costs, examination, membership fees, course material, and travel costs
- Multiple loans from $1,000 to $30,000
- Repayment period is from one year to ten years
- Competitive low-interest rate
- Career guidance such as, mentorship and network opportunities, job readiness workshops, and employment coach
Immigration Status + Current resident of BC
- Canadian Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Temporary Resident
- Refugee with Court Notice of Decision
- You have a proof of education credential, work experience and designation obtained in foreign country.
- You have the eligibility to apply for a loan and credit worthy.
*1 item from each category must be met to be eligible