Workplace Integration for Mature Individuals (WIMI 45+) is a 12-week program with 4 weeks of group-based activities & 8 weeks one to one job assistance plus up to 9 months follow-up support. This program partner with local community and business employers to generate job placements for participants.
Are you a mature individual and unable to find a job? Please come for employability readiness workshops at the Surrey and Vancouver locations. Call now to reserve a seat for an on-going session as soon as you can.
PICS Society provides a new employment program called Workplace Integration for Mature Individuals (WIMI 45+). This program partner with local community and business employers, one to one follow up support, job mentoring and specific skills training to generate job opportunities for mature workers.
- A mature individual of 45 years old or older
- Unemployed, underemployed, or precariously employed
- Not attending full time Day School for any courses
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Refugees, PRs, and Citizens accepted)
- Job ready, committed, and motivated to finding a Job
- Residing in Metro Vancouver, the Lower Mainland, or Southwestern BC
This program offers:
- Career assessments on job compatibility
- Specific short-term skills training and acquire work experience Enhance Life Skills and lifelong learning
- Strengthen job search experience
- Mentorship in pairing with local professional of your pursuing profession Job placement assistance and follow up support
- Develop Work Action Plan and employer engagement