The Trade Builders Program is intended to increase the labour force participation of young adults aged 17-29, who are generally employment ready. The Program is designed to support Participants over 30 weeks through the exploration of two different technical occupations and ultimately choosing a career path in the development and implementation of an Occupational Training Plan, and in the successful completion of the training and certification required to attain meaningful, sustainable employment in the Building Trades sector.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Be aged between 17 and 29
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Convention Refugee or Permanent Resident
- Be unemployed
- Not in full-time school
- Want to make some plans for your future!
Features and Benefits
- Essential Skills for Building Trades
- Soft Skills and Occupational Specific Safety Training
- Short-Term Skills Training
- Building Trades Career Exploration Training
- Job Search Assistance
- Job Placement/Shadowing
- Job Sustainment and / 0r Education / Training
- Follow-Up and Post Employment Supports