About the program:
The Youth Trade Builder is a FREE program funded by Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training which is intended to increase the labour force participation of young adults aged 17-29, who are generally employment ready. The Program is designed to support Participants over the weeks through the exploration of different programs and ultimately choosing a career path in the development and implementation of an Occupational Training Plan, and in the successful completion of the training and certification required to attain meaningful, sustainable employment in the Trades Sector.
The project is accessible by participants from across the Greater Vancouver area including Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody), Ridge-Meadows, and Richmond and open to all youth in BC.
The program’s duration for Pre-Employment workshops is 10 weeks which will be online then participants will receive an industry specific training from either BCIT/KPU or another BC Institution for any Approved Courses like:
• Brick Layer
• Auto Body and Collision Technician
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
And Many Others
*Please note: All Trades will be covered*
In this program, We give:
1. Funding available for approved Trade (Up to $3,300)
2. Daily Allowance
3. Getting these certificates is part of our training:
• OFA: Occupational First Aid Level 1 with CPR
• WCB: Worker’s Compensation Board
• WHIMS: Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems
• Confined Space
• Fall Protection
• Scaffold and Ladder safety
• Back Talk
• Be aged between 17 and 29
• Be a Canadian Citizen, Convention Refugee or Permanent Resident
• Be Unemployed, Underemployed (20 hours or less) or ON EI
• Not in full-time school
• Want to make some plans for your future!
Features and Benefits:
• Financial Assistance for transit and child care support for eligible participants
• Essential Skills for Building Trades
• Soft Skills and Occupational Specific Safety Training
• Short-Term Skills Training
• Building Trades Career Exploration Training
• Job Search Assistance
• Job Sustainment and / or Education / Training
• Follow-Up and Post Employment Supports
• Work Gear is provided
Trade Builder Flyer-January 17
You can apply with our Fillable Intake Form.
Click here for Youth Trade Program-Punjabi form.
Click here for Youth Trade Program-Urdu form.
Click here for Youth Trade Program-Cantonese form.
or call 604-596-7722 Ext: 150 . You can also email us: email@example.com