PICS E-Agriculture Training Program (PEAT)
PICS E-Agriculture Training Program (PEAT), funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training, is a great opportunity for individuals interested in having a career in the agriculture / horticulture industry.
More information is available at www.peatbc.ca
This 10-week, free, full time training program is primarily online and delivered in partnership with Western Community College. This program will provide eligible Immigrants (within 10 years of landing), Visible Minorities and members of the Francophone community with in-demand agricultural skills to obtain and sustain good paying jobs. Individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria.
• Canadian Citizen / Permanent Resident / Refugee (with court’s decision)
- An immigrant within 10 years of landing, or
- Self-identify as visible minority, or
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Living in British Columbia
• Unemployed or precariously employed
• Has experienced barriers to employment
• Not in school full time
Learning Components of the program include;
• soft skills/employability skills training
• short duration certification
• occupational skills training, and
• job search support.
Upon successful completion of the training, participants will receive certificates / licenses in
• Food Safe
• Fall Protection
• First Aid, and
• Pesticide Applicator.
Other benefits of attending the program include:
• Personal protective equipment
• Training Allowance
• Child Care, and
• Transportation supports
Participants must be able to commit to the entire training period from January 17th to March 25, 2022.
For more information or to register for the program, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-596-7722 to speak with
Anjani (ext. 608) or Megha (ext. 612).
Fill out the application form here www.peatbc.ca