The Intercultural Logistics and Transportation Operations Project for Older Workers 55+ (ILTOP 55+)
Are you 55+?
Passionate about driving and logistics?
Are you looking for blue-collar jobs?
Do you want to learn skills to run your own business in the Transportation Operations industry?
PICS is offering the Intercultural Logistics and Transportation Operations Project, a FREE 18 week program funded by the government. This program consists of 8 weeks of group-based activities & 10 weeks of one-on-one job search assistance and self employment support. ILTOP has also partnered with local community businesses to generate job placements for participants.
If you are 55+ and are unable to find a job, come join the ILTOP 55+ to find the career that is right for you. Employability readiness workshops are available in both PICS’ Surrey and Vancouver locations. Call now to reserve your seat!
- A mature individual of 55 years old or older
- Unemployed, underemployed, or precariously employed
- Not attending full time Day School for any courses
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Refugees, PRs, and Citizens accepted)
- Job ready, committed, and motivated to finding a Job
- Residing in BC
This program offers:
- Employment readiness training
- Career exploration
- Job shadowing/work experience
- Business plan writing
- Occupational skills training
- Employment/business supports
- Strengthened job search experience
- Development of work action plan and employer engagement
- Class 4 restricted and unrestricted license
- First Aid training
- Job mentorship
- Self-employment training
- Networking opportunities
- One-on-one support
Get In Touch