I M Change Program
The I M Change program is a flexibly designed project intended to provide skills training to people at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness, who are unemployed or precariously employed, targeting the community needs for peer employment.
Intercultural Motivating Change Through Peer Employment Program
I M Change strives to support people at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness, who are unemployed or precariously employed, by providing group-based employability skills training, computer skills training, and job placement.
5 Weeks of group-based Employable Skills training and Computer Skills training
- 30 hours per week paid in-class training plus lunch and other supports. The program covers strength-based asset and positive mental health training, motivational and special guest speakers, cover letter, resume and interviewing skills, computer skills training.
- Food Safe, Super Host, WHMIS, Forklift, and First Aid Certification.
5 Weeks of Work Placement
- Participants are placed in paid jobs in the community that are aligned with their skills and interests.
Eligibility requirements include:
- At risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Canadian Citizen/PR/Refugee Status
Or facing one of the following barriers to employment;
- Street entrenched or prior criminal involvement
- Mental health challenges
- Lack of social network and connections
- Low income/low self-esteem/low confidence
For more information, refer to this document.
You may also contact our team at; 604-596-7722 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.