PICS HIV/AIDS Awareness project vision is to create a positive impact on youth in collaboration with other community organizations and prevent the spread of HIV through education and information about the disease and sexual health in general.
The mission of this program is to provide youth with protection and prevention strategies against HIV/AIDS and empower them to protect themselves and their peers from the disease.
- Structured and informative workshops that cover the important aspects of protecting themselves from HIV virus including statistics, HIV, AIDS, Difference between HIV and AIDS, Transmission, Risk Activities and Protection.
- Support youth engagement and facilitate better understanding through activities and games.
- Support and facilitate youth to improve their communication, social and behavioral skills
- Encourage youth to take responsibility of their health and health of their partners.
- Assist Youth in exploring available community resources and accessing as appropriate.
- Program is focused to serve youth including young parents.
For more information on this program or to participate please contact 604-596-7722 ext. 129.